Do you really want to read 100 books by the end of this decade? If you said yes, this means you are committed to improving yourself year by year. Great! I have never found such an avid reader like you.
Here is my advice on reading, If I have to read 100 books in a decade. I would have to read 10 books a year means probably 1 book per month. And that’s how you will finish reading these 100 books.
So you can read books on different topics to improve yourself in different aspects of life.
Let me share some of the top 100 most recommended books of all time. (Don’t fill your phone with extra screenshots, to get all the books recommended here, visit the end of the post or Click here.)
1. Srimad Bhagavad Gita: Yatharoop by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad.
2. Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
(It’s simple, yet very deep. Gives a clear perspective on the way to the ultimate truth.)
3. Freedom from the Known by Jiddu Krishnamurti
4. The Holy Bible by King James Version.
(A must-read book.)
5. Rumi by Farrukh Dhondy
6. Ashtavakra Gita by Sri Sri Ravishankar.
7. Conversations with God Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald, Edward Asner, and Allen Burstyn.
8. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer.
9. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle.
10. A New Earth: Awakening Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle.
1. Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana and Edoardo Ballerini.
2. Wherever You Go There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
3. The Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace by Patrizia Collard.
4. You have 4 Minutes To Change Your Life by Rebekah Borucki.
5. How to Meditate by Eknath Easwaran.
6. Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Program by Sharon Salberg.
7. Out of Your Mind: Tricksters, Interdependence, and the Cosmic Game of Hide and Seek by Alan Watts.
8. 365 Tao: Daily Meditations by Ming-Dao Deng.
9. 10 % Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works- A True Story by Dan Harris.
10. Meditation in Action by Chogyam Trungpa.
11. Not Always So: Practicing the True Spirit of Zen by Shunryu Suzuki, Edward Espe Brown, and Zen Center San Franscisco.
12. The Mind illuminated: A Complete Meditation Guide Integrating Buddhist Wisdom and Brain Science for Greater Mindfulness by Culadasa and Matthew Immergut.
1. The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma.
2. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
3. Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers.
4. Unf*ck yourself: Get Out of Your head and into Your Life by Gary John Bishop.
5. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert.
6. The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do by Jeff Goins.
7. What color is your Parachute? 2020: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career Changers by Richard N. Bolles.
8. Man’s Search For Meaning: The Classic Tribute to Hope from the Holocaust by Victor E. Frankl.
9. 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson.
10. 48 Days to the Work You Love: Preparing for the New Normal by Dan Miller and Dave Ramsey.
11. Women Who Run With The Wolves: Contacting the Power of the Wild Woman by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
12. Hints for Self-Culture by Lala Har Dayal.
Business or Entrepreneurs:
1. The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries.
2. The $100 Startup: Fire Your Boss, Do What You Love and Work Better To Live More by Chris Guillebeau.
3. The Entrepreneur Mind: 100 Essential Beliefs, Characteristics, and Habits of Elite Entrepreneurs by Kevin D. Johnson.
4. The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About it by Michael E. Gerber.
5. Launch: An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams by Jeff Walker.
6. Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport.
7. Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build their Business and Influence and How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk.
8. Contagious: How to Build Word of Mouth in the Digital Age by Jonah Berger.
9. Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal.
10. Dotcom secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company with Sales Funnels by Russell Brunson.
11. This is Marketing: You Can’t be Seen Until You Learn To See by Seth Godin.
12. Zero To One: Notes on Start Ups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel and Blake Masters.
Productivity or Procrastination :
1. Eat that Frog: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy.
2. Living the 80/20 way: Work Less, Worry Less, Succeed More, Enjoy More- Use The 80/20 Principle to Invest and Save Money, Improve Relationships and become Happier by Richard Koch.
3. The One Thing by Gary Keller.
4. Atomic Habits: The life-Changing Million Copy Bestseller by James Clear.
5. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-free Productivity by David Allen.
6. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy.
7. The 4 Hour Work week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss.
8. The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential…in Business and in Life by Leo Babauta.
9. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg Mckeown.
10. 15 secrets successful people know about Time management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs by Kevin Kruse.
11. Flow: The Classic Work on How To Achieve Happiness: The Psychology of Happiness by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
12. The 12 week year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington.
Travel or Journey :
1. The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession by David Grann.
2. The Art of Travel by Alain De Botton.
3. Eat, Pray, and Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything by Elizabeth Gilbert.
4. Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer.
5. The Motorcycle Diaries: Notes on a Latin American Journey by Ernesto Che Guevara
6. Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer.
7. The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country by Helen Russell.
8. Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel by Rolf Potts and Timothy Ferriss.
9. The geography of bliss by Eric Weiner.
10. Microadventures: Local Discoveries for Great Escapes by Alastair Humphreys.
11. Notes from a Small Island: Journey Through Britain by Bill Bryson
12. The places in Between by Rory Stewart.
Money and Finance:
1. Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns by John C. Bogle.
2. Learn To Earn: A Beginner’s Guide to the Basics of Investing and Business by Peter Lynch.
3. How to make money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times and Bad by William O’Neil.
4. Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids that the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T. Kiyosaki.
5. The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason.
6. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham.
7. Money Master the game by Tony Robbins.
8. The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime by MJ Demarco.
9. The Dhandho Investor: The Low-Risk Value Method to High Returns by Mohnish Pabrai
10. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
1. The Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda.
2. Tuesday with Morrie: An Old man, a young man, and Life’s Greatest Lessons by Mitch Albom.
3. The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell.
4. Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins.
5. Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orissa) by Tomi Adeyemi.
6. The 5 Am Club: Own Your Morning, Elevate Your Life by Robin Sharma.
7. Inner Engineering: A yogi’s guide to Joy by Sadhguru.
8. Death; An Inside Story: A book for All Those Who Shall Die by Sadhguru.
9. Wings of Fire: An Autobiography of Abdul Kalam by Arun Tiwari and A.P.J Kalam.
10. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance.
11. Long walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela.
12. Mahatma Gandhi Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments with Truth: by Mahatma Gandhi
13. Creation: Life and How to make it by Steve Grand.
14. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz and Janet Mills.
15. The Book of Joy by Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu.
16. Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Life by Anthony Robbins.
17. Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength by Roy F. Baumeister and John Tierney.
18. Ego Is The Enemy by Ryan Holiday.
19. Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in Business by Danny Meyer.
20. How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie.
21. The art of Public Speaking by Dale Carnegie.
22. The Power of Subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy.
23. The Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything: by Guy Kawasaki.
24. Predictable Revenue: Turn your Business into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com: by Aaron Ross and Marylou Tyler.
25. The Happiness Trap: Stop Struggling and Start living: by Russ Harriss
26. Dare: The New Way To End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks: by Barry McDonagh.
27. Self-Comparison: The proven power to Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff
28. Get out of Your Mind and Into your Life: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: by Steven C. Hayes.
29. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life: by Richard Carlson.
30. Blindness (Vintage Classics): by José Saramago.
As a thank you for reading until this line you get some bonus books to read:
Bonus Books: 1. Aghora Triology: At the left hand of God 2. Atlas Shrugged 3. Good Vibes, Good Life: How Self-love is the Key to Unlocking Your Greatness 4. Fountain head.
I hope the books mentioned above will enrich your leadership, elevate your life in every aspect and transform your world. I am a voracious reader and will share my experience with books.
Your willingness to awaken your inner Wisdom inspires me to write more about books and your commitment to read 100 books in a decade encourages me to share with you the best possible books that will help you the way it helped me.
Conquer your own Commitment.
I hope you will Conquer your own commitment.
Bonus advice :
You can even listen to your favorite book (one book every month regardless of price) to know more click here.
Leaders are Reader. Buy now and all the best for your Reading Journey.
Total Books asked = 100
Total Books suggested = 10 (spiritual books) + 12 (meditation books) + 12 (productivity books) + 12 (Business books) + 12 (Travel books) + 12 (Passion books) + 10 (money books) + 30 (Must Read books) + 4(Bonus Books) = 114
See the list of all the books suggested in this post here.
Congratulations!! you got 100 books for Reading by the end of this Decade.